Hello sweet pumpkins 😛 How’s summer going? Catching plenty of bugs, remember in August 42 of the 56 bugs in Animal Crossing Wild World are available to catch, including Tarantulas and Scorpions.
Since they’re the 2 hardest bugs to catch for most people, I decided to do a little step by step tutorial that will both help me and you to catch these nasty little bugs!
So let’s start by getting to know better these little (or big) bugs
the little images of the bugs (only) are from strategywiki.org
Okay, so know that we know when and where to catch them, the bells they put in our pockets (or the occupation in our museum) we can try to catch them. Pay attention and listen to me when I say do NOT hold a net, if you do and the Scorpion or Tarantula sees you it will run to attack you!
Notes: These bugs will not appear when it’s raining/snowing or when the gate is open.
- WITHOUT holding a net I’d recommend just plugging in some headphones to our nintendo and start listening to our game, naturally, not inside any building, just outside. Meanwhile you can read something, write, play games without a lot of noise…
- Whenever you hear a bug sound pickup your nintendo and check if you see a Tarantula or a Scorpion, if you don’t but you still hear the noise, walk around very slowly looking for the bug, also keep your eyes open for other bugs that might have mistaken you with their sound. Remember, do NOT hold a net!!!
- If you have spotted your catch of the day, it’s time to spot their back. If you see a Scorpion, it’s easy, just look for its tail. And if you see a Tarantula it gets a little more complicated; try advancing slowly towards it (not holding a net) until it moves a bit, be careful not to scare it too much or it might end up running in the ocean/river. The opposite direction that it moved will be its back.
- Now, sneak up upon them from behind (where they can’t see you) and when you’re 100% sure they can’t see you bring out your net, advance just the right distance and…
- WAP! Swing your net and hope for the best!
Did you catch it? Did it run away, or did you run away? Even worst, did it sting you? Leave a response in the comments below! I will try to add pictures to this tutorial soon, whenever I spot one 🙂
If you didn’t catch it, don’t worry, there will be other times! So keep your heads up and hope for more, oh! and after you donate both bugs in the museum a surprise is waiting for you…
You can also try other methods showed in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_clvBgI2mic I explained the easiest way that I know, but maybe you find easier one of the methods from this video. 😉
I really hope this helps you guys, the greatest of luck and… Happy Summer!!!