Updates from ACC‘s thread New AC3DS details
- Can place a Reset Management Center. Mr. Resetti will appear after you have placed this on the map.
- Return of Don Resetti.
- Brewster’s Coffee Shop is separate and you can build it. If you go there a lot you can begin a ‘part-time job’.
- Can drink coffee outside.
- Can build two types of Police Stations. The police officer will vary by the type you choose.
- New Villager: Hamsuke, a hamster, born May 30th. Brisk personality.
- New Villager: Brittany, a pig, born November 14th. Mature personality.
- New Villager: Anthony, a horse, born May 22. Smug Personality.
- New Personality: Smug; talks indirectly but acts like a gentleman. Pure, so you can’t hate them.
- New Villager: Takoya, an octopus, born March 8th. Shaped like takoyaki. Carefree personality.
- New Villager: Frappe, a penguin, born February 22nd, lively personality.
- Lyle now works for the Happy Home Academy.
- Picnics available (blanket, chairs, picnic basket)
- New flowers.
- Return of cherry blossoms.
- Can eat ice-cream cones.
- Seen planting the tree seen on the box art. This is your first act as Mayor. It will grow as your city does.
- Can build camping grounds, bridges, wells, jungle gyms, benches, and those face-hole photograph things.
- Receive donations from villagers and even other players to fund the building.
- Clothing types: Tops, bottoms, dresses, shoes, socks, hats, accessories.
- New Villager: Doremi, deer, born March 26
- New Villager: Sunairu, gorilla, born December 5th
- New Villager: Hajime, elephant, born September 7th
- Flower Shop: Owned by Reiji, sells seeds for flowers, tree saplings, gardening tools, house plants. Open 10:00~8:00PM. He’s a sloth, and lazy, so he may sometimes not be in the shop.
- Museum: Open 24 hours. Will have ‘planned exhibitions’ of items outside those which you give them. Also a Museum Shop run by Blather’s little sister.
- Able Sisters: 8:00~9:00PM. Contains an accessory corner now.
- Nook Housing: 10:00~8:00PM, parts to decorate your house change every day. Run by Tom Nook.
- Speck Shop: Appears to be taking the place of Tom Nook’s old shop, run by twin tanookis. Sells daily goods like cups for your house. Open 8AM~10PM, Starts of small and grows. Opening hours vary by type.
- Shank the Skunk runs a shoe store, Lisa the llama runs the recycle shop.
- Start the game off in a tent.
- Bunnie, Chevre, Peanut return as villagers.”
Long time no post! Yup, sorry about that! I started school so I’m really limiting myself to publish much less than before, I want to work harder and do better than last year. Anyway, I’ve spent some time looking threw Tumblr for AC3DS news and wanted to show you guys some images. None are made by me, they are copied from Tumblr’s AC3DS tag page. So the only thing that I’ll be doing is publishing them here and commenting about them.
Starting off by showing you the Japanese Official Box art, you can see a male character with his secretary deciding what seems to be what ground object to place in their town, and speaking about those, further in the right side of the image you can see the most adorable neighbor (he looks like a fat chipmunk, aww!!) playing in a specimen playground toy, I don’t know what it’s called in English but I’m sure you know what I mean.
To the right we see a female character purchasing some chairs from the furniture store, water around the town with some islands and in the middle, a big tree that seems to represent the town somehow, as we see it here:
Where the character is planting it, and there are neighbors around clapping and cheering. If this image is of exactly what happens in the game (not some manual image that makes the game look further detailed) they have taken planting trees to a hole new level, with the sapling much more realistic.
Right here we see the female character in what seems to be in her office, working I guess. We can also see a portrait of Tortimer hanging over the wall, and also a clock hanging from it. Just in case you don’t know it yet; yes, your character will be the mayor of the town and will have a secretary with you at all times (let’s actually hope not literally at all times).
Being a mayor includes making decisions for your town, like choosing which type of town you could get, I was really surprised with this feature and also excited, which village would you choose?
And in this image we talk a little bit about character fashion, some of these outfits are new, just like tons of stuff in this game. But it’s not really the new stuff that interests me, it’s more the new features added in the game. Like the one where your character is taller, and for that you can buy not only accessories and shirts/dresses but pants or skirts and even shoes!!
This picture simply looks amazing, all the colors, the chairs, the blanket, the picnic basket, the female character drinking coffee on the go…!! This confirms Cherry Blossoms will stay in your town, probably during spring, that is great. But… uh oh! Barely at the top of the image, do you see kind of like a wasted path… maybe animal tracks come with the AC3DS version. I’ve never actually experienced them since I don’t have city folk, but I’ve heard people weren’t very happy with them, a town without grass… yikes! I really hope animal tracks aren’t included in the game.
AC3DS, for what we’ve seen gives us a completely customized town, you can add/remove/customize barely anything in this game, and as shown in this image, even our houses!! The first one looks like a kiddie look, next one on the top right looks like a cabin series house, left bottom seems like a futuristic one and, last but not least, looks like a house with a Japanese look!
And something I was truly happy about was the opening of new stores in town, even Brewster has his own store in this town that’s not in the museum (as shown the the top left image).
That’s all it for now, maybe I’ll add some other AC3DS post since I found these really fun to make, and the US version of the game isn’t coming out until 2013.
Hasta la vista! Stay tuned for more Animal Crossing Wild World and 3DS posts, stories, news… 🙂
7 thoughts on “AC:3DS News”
Wow, awesome! 😯 I haven’t seen any of these pictures! I guess it’s out in Japan now so there is probably a lot of news and pictures about; I haven’t been going out of my way to look for them, so that I don’t know everything about the game before I get it, but I don’t mind seeing these!
That does look like a special tree, I wonder what the significance of it is and what it will look like fully grown. I don’t think all trees will be planted like that though, none of the trees in the background have the dark dirt and stone border. The town options sound interesting and I’m curious about that too, like what are the effects of our choice? Based on those choices I would definitely go for ‘beautiful town’, I always enjoy trying to make Animal Crossing towns look as scenic as possible so that they’re a pleasure for me to walk around in. 🙂
The picnic area looks adorable and I’m especially excited about the customizable houses!! I think you’re right about the series, the first one strongly reminds me of Kiddie, and the other two look like Cabin and Robo, so that makes me think there will be house styles for each of the series, like a Lovely pink house and a Regal white house and whatnot (along with other options). From a few other pictures I’ve seen it looks like you can have a huge variety of house styles, from really out-there houses (like the kiddie and robo) to more natural, quaint houses with hedges/fences and flower boxes in the windows. After all these Animal Crossing games where we could only change our roof color, I wouldn’t have guessed they would think to give us so much customization over players’ houses in this one — good job AC team! 😛
I hope you don’t mind the long comment, thanks for sharing these photos! 😀
You’re probably right, the Japanese version must be out right now! And I’m glad I didn’t spoil any information you didn’t want to know with these pictures 🙂
You can see the tree fully grown in the cover, right in the middle of it, it a pretty huge tree. No, I think you’re right, that only tree must have a special way of being planted.
Oh definitely “beautiful town”!! Although I laughed when I saw the “village that doesn’t sleep” option 😛 I’d like to get some pictures of each option see how Nintendo plans on displaying your town depending on the chosen option.
I also think the AC team did an excellent job on this game, but what do you think about the animal tracks thing, do you think they’ll be back??
I actually loved the long comment, haha. Thanks, Amy!!
Oh okay, I didn’t notice everything on the cover at first, it looks like a huge tree! The thing that actually drew my eyes the most at first was that the female character with the orange bun has blue eyes (with the eye shape that’s normally brown)! Is that going to be possible in this game? o_o But now that I’m looking closely, I see what is clearly an island in the background and on the other side there’s a city. There is also a prominent dirt path on the cover itself. 😕 I was hoping maybe you’d be able to control where paths go (and put grass over old paths you don’t want anymore) with your new mayor duties, like how you can set up outdoor furniture (picnic area, lamp posts, etc.). I would prefer that to animal tracks coming back, but I hope if they are coming back, they’ve made improvements to how it works so that people don’t end up with deserts. I’ll be open-minded about it, I never gave City Folk as much of a shot as I planned to because it was difficult for me to focus on it and Wild World at once — maybe the animal tracks aren’t so bad. 🙂
I wonder if the “village that doesn’t sleep” and “morning village” controls when your villagers are awake, that’s the only thing that makes sense to me right now. 😕 It would be a good feature for people who are night owls or morning birds, but seems pretty random next to the other options, “rich village” (what would that be like…?) and “beautiful village.” xP
Wow ! Eres muy buena haciendo posts se te da muy bien ! Hacia tiemo que no posteabas pero de verdad a merecido pena la espera 🙂 Bueno espero que sigas publicando de tanto en tanto ! 🙂
¡Oii, que alegria me da tu comentario! Hacia tiempo que no hablabamos, espero que todo te vaya muy bien con tu blog.
¡Me alegro que te guste este post, muchas gracias, Marta!
Animal Crossing New Leaf sounds good! Can’t wait to play it.
Doesn’t it? 😀 thank you for your comment, Jeff!!